[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Thad McGinnis <ctmcginnis at myrealbox dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Re: Colour me impressed! Plus a question... (OT)
 Date:  Thu, 28 Jul 2005 07:53:18 -0600
Having lived in various African countries (east and west) for 13 years I
would like to add something to an earlier poster's suggestion as to
electricity.  Depending on your situation, I highly recommend a 12volt
car type source for your laptop.  A small inverter might be ideal (12vdc
  -110vac) or 220vac depending on your needs.  If you don't have a car
to make use of (or even if you do) an extra car battery and a charger
for it can be bought in country and assuming you have a few hours of
electricity you can maintain the charge for use with inverter for when
there is no electricity.

Thad