[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Josh Simoneau" <jsimoneau at lmtcs dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  V.35 Recommendations
 Date:  Thu, 28 Jul 2005 10:34:31 -0400
A number of my customers have leased lines connected to devices that
output V.35 serial instead of ethernet. I have m0n0walls on a number of
these sites, but have devices in between the m0n0wall and V.35 device to
do the conversion. I have a Patton somethingorother that works okay but
I'm not thrilled with, I've got a few retired Cisco routers that take in
the serial and route everything to the m0n0wall. Basically I've got ways
of making it work, but its cumbersome and my solutions are usually
contingent on whatever the customer has for hardware already.

I'm looking for a better way, though. Does anyone recommend a
cost-effective solution for getting a m0n0wall to talk V.35? I'm open to
any sort of connectors you run into, since not all my customers use the
same type. Maybe an add-on card that works with m0n0wall, or even a
V.35-to-ethernet bridge that you've had success with. It doesn't all
have to integrate into m0n0wall, I just want to make sure it will work.

Thanks,
Josh Simoneau