[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jason Tomlinson" <jst at oriontechnology dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Inbound NAT
 Date:  Thu, 28 Jul 2005 14:33:04 -0400
All,

I would also like to confirm that I am having difficulties with Inbound
NAT using 1.2b9 on a WRAP board.  I have two identical m0n0wall boxes
with similar configurations.  The first is used as my office firewall
and inbound NAT is working fine (http, ssh, remote desktop).  The second
box was deployed last week at a customer site.  Initially inbound NAT
worked (http, ssh), but then it quit working.  I reloaded m0n0wall and
inbound NAT worked for a day or two, then failed again.  Firewall logs
show that packets are being passed.  I've tried to isolate and/or
replicate the problem, but have been unsuccessful in doing so.
Additionally, my office m0n0wall required two or three reloads to get
Inbound NAT working when I first installed it two months ago ( I thought
it was my unfamiliarity with the software ).

I would be happy to help troubleshoot the problem for myself and others
if anyone has suggestions of alternative configurations to try.  I've
been very impressed the m0n0wall and it's been very beneficial to
several of my clients.

Jason Tomlinson

Orion Technology, LLC

615-794-3057 x202