[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  w dot plein at gmail dot com
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Inbound NAT
 Date:  Thu, 28 Jul 2005 11:41:13 -0700
At 11:33 AM 7/28/2005, Jason Tomlinson wrote:

>I would also like to confirm that I am having difficulties with Inbound
>NAT using 1.2b9 on a WRAP board.  I have two identical m0n0wall boxes
>with similar configurations.  The first is used as my office firewall
>and inbound NAT is working fine (http, ssh, remote desktop).  The second
>box was deployed last week at a customer site.  Initially inbound NAT
>worked (http, ssh), but then it quit working.  I reloaded m0n0wall and
>inbound NAT worked for a day or two, then failed again.  Firewall logs
>show that packets are being passed.  I've tried to isolate and/or
>replicate the problem, but have been unsuccessful in doing so.
>Additionally, my office m0n0wall required two or three reloads to get
>Inbound NAT working when I first installed it two months ago ( I thought
>it was my unfamiliarity with the software ).
>

>I would be happy to help troubleshoot the problem for myself and others
>if anyone has suggestions of alternative configurations to try.  I've
>been very impressed the m0n0wall and it's been very beneficial to
>several of my clients.

I have been running 1.2b9 on my new WRAP board with no issues for inbound
NAT. I have a mail/DNS server behind it, as well as a laptop running Cisco
VPN, and a VOIP gateway (DLink) running on a bridged DMZ interface with NAT
filtering on that link as well. All work very well.

--
w dot plein at gmail dot com