[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  James Mellor <james at jamesx dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Captive Portal & FreeRADIUS - Setup help needed :-)
 Date:  Thu, 28 Jul 2005 20:43:10 +0100
Hi all,

I would like to setup M0n0wall's Captive Portal with FreeRADIUS but have
read in the mailing lists that radius authentication is broken on some
M0n0wall versions.

Could somone please let me know which versions of M0n0wall have working
radius authentication, "preferably with per-user bandwidth control", as
I don't know how to use FreeRADIUS and so this will be my first time
setting up a radius server and would like to be sure that the version of
M0n0wall I will use has working radius support before embarking on
setting up the radius server.

If M0n0wall's captive portal radius authentication doesn't work on any
version I may try pfsense, I recently discovered this by googling and it
looks damn good ;-)

OK now that this is posted on the mailing lists I'm off to the Knoppix
and FreeRADIUS websites to learn how to setup a radius server on a
Knoppix live CD system - and also how to create a persistent system
using a USB flash drive under Knoppix or something other than installing
it.

Cheers,

James...