[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Sending Email from m0n0 lan to m0n0 lan - sort of
 Date:  Thu, 28 Jul 2005 22:04:11 -0400
I still think this is DNS related.

On the mail servers, run 'nslookup -querytype=mx example.com' where
example.com is the domain name of the other mail server's domain.
IIRC, both are in private IP space behind the same firewall, so that
needs to resolve to the appropriate private IP.  My guess is you're
still resolving to the outside public IP.

If I missed something and one of these boxes is *nix, run 'dig mx
example.com' instead of nslookup.

-Chris