[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Maximum No. of Interfaces.
 Date:  Fri, 29 Jul 2005 08:57:46 -0400
On 7/29/05, Jeroen Visser <monowall at forty dash two dot nl> wrote:
> Hi Ppl,
>
> After browsing around on the m0n0.ch/wall site and the mailing list I've decided
> to put a question here.
>
> I was wondering what the maximum amount of interfaces is that m0n0wall supports.
> I'm planning to combine 3 Linux gateways into one m0n0wall firewall (with a spare
> on the shelf). We currently have about 12 connections to our main site and I
> wondered if I could put them all on one machine with m0n0wall.

Maximum supported number of interfaces is 32.  More than that should
even work, but you could run into issues (and would probably have
issues getting that many NICs into a box anyway, unless you used USB
NICs as well and that'd just be a mess).  Some things, like the DHCP
server I know for sure off the top of my head, will not work if you
have more than 32.

-Chris