[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  James Mellor <james at jamesx dot com>
 To:  A dot L dot M dot Buxey at lboro dot ac dot uk
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Captive Portal & FreeRADIUS - Setup help needed :-)
 Date:  Sat, 30 Jul 2005 00:37:30 +0100
Hi Alan,

Thanks for the quick feedback, looks like version 1.2b9 is ready for
stable captive portal use but that versions with per user bandwidth
radius support are not stable enough to use in a live environment yet !

In answer to your question I would like to use a radius server for user
authentication and bandwidth control because I'm setting up a Wireless
ISP and think this will enable me to be able to register new customers
and take payment on the captive portal page, which will then register
the customer on the radius server, then when they logon to the captive
portal it will authenticate the customer and limit there bandwidth
automaticaly according to what service they signed up for.

Without per-user bandwidth radius support I would only be able to have
one service speed and price for customers when authenticating using a
radius server, and without using a seperate radius server I would not
know how to create a webpage that automaticaly registers the customer
and configures there bandwidth limits.

Cheers,   James.....