[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Eric Jaskula" <ejask at aim dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Site to Site OpenVPN
 Date:  Fri, 29 Jul 2005 22:26:49 -0500 (Central Standard Time)
I have been working all week trying to get a site to site vpn set up between
two m0n0wall firewalls. I started out trying to use IPSec, gave up, and
started trying to use OpenVPN. I need a computer in subnet A to connect to a
computer in subnet B. Below is my LAN layouts. If someone could give me some
recommendations on what the setup should be in the m0n0wall GUI, it would be
greatly appreciated. I've tried reading the FAQ, searching the news group,
and reading the documentation on OpenVPN, and I still can not get it to work
 I keep receiving ifconfig: interface tun0 does not exist ifconfig:
interface tun0 does not exist on the server side, and ifconfig: interface
tun1 does not exist ifconfig: interface tun1 does not exist on the client
side. I can vpn to the m0n0wall on subnet A using PPTP from a computer on
subnet B, but I can't seem to get a site to site vpn to work.  Thanks for
any help. By the way, all IP addresses are static.

LAN A

Computer 1: 192.168.0.2    <----> Computer 2: 192.168.0.3

                                                  \/

                              M0n0wall LAN: 192.168.0.1

                              M0n0wall WAN: 12.161.97.33

                                                  \/

                                             Internet

                                                  /\

LAN B                  m0n0wall WAN: 12.205.147.62

                              M0n0wall LAN: 192.168.1.1

                                                  /\

Computer 1: 192.168.1.4  <----> Computer 2: 192.168.1.5

I want to be able to access files from Computer 1 in LAN A to Computer 2 in
LAN B and vice versa. After all the reading and trying, I just can't seem to
get it to work. If any one could suggest a configuration, I would love to
get this working this weekend so I can start using it next week.

Thank you very much.

Eric