[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Brandon Kahler" <bkahler at techline dot com>
 To:  "sai" <sonicsai at gmail dot com>, "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Re: Maximum No. of Interfaces.
 Date:  Sun, 31 Jul 2005 09:45:59 -0700
I'm setting up and testing m0n0wall 1.2b9 on a Dell PowerEdge 750 with six
GigE interfaces.
The box has a simple P4 2.8, 512MB RAM, two onboard Intel Pro/1000 (MT and
CT) NICs.  I've added a Quad port PCI-X Intel Pro/1000MT adapter.  All
interfaces work fine but I as of yet have not been able to really test cross
interface communications.  The environment this m0n0wall box is intended for
will never see the kinds of traffic you are describing though.  Our iSCSI
traffic is on a separate nonrouted VLAN.

Brandon Kahler