[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Peter Allgeyer <allgeyer at web dot de>
 To:  marc at telenieko dot com
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] About Multiple WAN Links
 Date:  Wed, 27 Jul 2005 20:51:00 +0200
Am Mittwoch, den 27.07.2005, 15:59 +0200 schrieb Marc:
> Then, my question is: What could trouble trying to backport that
> feature to m0nowall?
First of all you have to describe, what you mean exactly by "Multiple
WAN Support". Second let me tell you, that the current design of the WAN
interface doesn't provide more than one IP entry. Not that it isn't
possible, but you have to rewrite a lot of the code. Third, there's only
limited support for having more than one route to the outside (you'll
need policy based routing for multiple WAN connections). And as far as I
know, ipfilter only allows interface based rulesets for routing. This
all might change after 1.2 is out, but this is another story.

Ciao ..

 copyleft(c) by |           People disagree with me. I just ignore them.
 Peter Allgeyer |   _-_     -- Linus Torvalds, regarding the use of C++