[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Routing/Networking Problem
 Date:  Sun, 31 Jul 2005 21:37:13 -0400
On 7/30/05, Eric Hilden <eric at linkednetworks dot com> wrote:

> Now I am trying to route 2 subnets to the WAN interface which I get the
> problem, route already exists via static routes.

static routes on the router, that is?  should be routing the two
subnets to the WAN IP of your m0n0wall.

> Does m0n0wall support multiple IP's for an interface? I was trying to add
> the two subnets I want routed to OPT1 through the exec command but I don't
> think it will work.

not in the GUI, and if you try to do it manually it's a major pain.
Much better off using one interface per subnet.  Gives you better
control that way anyway.

> These are my two subnets: 66.28.212.96-127 /27  and 66.28.212.128-191 /26
>
> So one of my goals was to have OPT1 with 66.28.212.97 and 66.28.212.129 but
> I don't think that is possible currently in m0n0wall; therefore I tried
> setting up one subnet per interface.

if you bridge an OPT1 with the WAN and use an IP from each subnet on
the Ethernet of the router, you can put them on one subnet.  The way
you have it now with two OPTs is probably better though.

> OPT1 66.28.212.97
> OPT2 66.28.212.129
>
> Then when to do the static routes to the WAN interface I setup the
> Destination as 66.28.212.14 /30 for OPT1, but it won't allow me to add a
> second route to the WAN interface for OPT2.

you don't need routes for your directly connected networks.  Other
than that, assuming you have your firewall rules setup appropriately
and your routes on the router correct, it should work fine.

-Chris