[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Josh Simoneau" <jsimoneau at lmtcs dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] WRAP heat concerns vs Soekris
 Date:  Mon, 1 Aug 2005 16:34:55 -0400
Some WRAP boards have problems with their overheat sensors. The bad
sensors cause the board to lock up for no apparent reason, even if the
temperature is not outside normal range.

If you are having abnormal lockups, call the place you got it from and
they should be able to tell you if you're board is one that needs
repair. I know wisp-router.com was able to walk me through checking a
couple of resistors and such right over the phone and determine I had a
bad board.

Keep in mind, though, I sent mine back to wisp-router.com and it was
easily a couple months before I saw it again. Maybe not their fault, as
I think they send them to Europe, but a long wait regardless.

Regards,
Josh Simoneau