[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "James McKeand" <james at mckeand dot biz>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Is my Proxy ARP working?
 Date:  Mon, 1 Aug 2005 16:01:06 -0500
Donnie Crump wrote:
> I can't seem to get this to work.
>
> Here is my setup.
>
> Publics:
> 199.222.137.144
> 199.222.137.145
> 199.222.137.151
> 199.222.137.152
>
> WAN IP:
> 199.222.137.144
>             Proxy IPs:
>             199.222.137.145
>             199.222.137.151
>             199.222.137.152
>
> Gateway:
> 199.222.137.129
>
> LAN IP:
> 192.168.1.5
>
> I talked to my ISP and they said I have to ARP out any IP address I
> want to use with a piece of hardware.
>
> I plugged in the other static IPs under the Server NAT and under the
> Proxy ARP screens.
>
> Do I need to add a rule under the firewall for Proxy ARP? If so what
> should it look like?
>
> Do I need to enable Proxy ARP anywhere? Or is it on by default? If so
> where is the setting?
>
> Thanks,
> Donnie

By adding the IPs to Server NAT, you can now add Inbound NAT and
corresponding Firewall rules. You will note that now when you go to add
a Inbound NAT you can select these additional IP in the "External
Address" field of Inbound NAT rules (NAT SMTP addressed to .145 to some
private IP - for example). This will also allow you to create multiple
rules for the same protocol to different internal servers with different
external IPs (HTTP to .145, .151, and .152). I don't think you have to
add specific firewall rules for Proxy ARP.

Did the ISP mention how long the TTL was on their ARP Cache? This could
cause delay in functionality...

James W. McKeand