[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Eric Hilden" <eric at linkednetworks dot com>
 To:  "'Chris Buechler'" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Routing/Networking Problem
 Date:  Mon, 1 Aug 2005 16:14:18 -0500
My firewall rules are currently * * * for all interfaces setup. I'm assuming
this allows all traffic. Still doesn't work for me for seeing other subnets.

So if I am understanding you correctly, should I do the following?

Make OPT1 a bridge with the WAN interface. Then plug my OPT1 port into a
switch from where I have the subnets coming from. Then I just have one
interface but then what do I bind for addresses as both of these subnets
currently have customers on them and their gateways cannot change. How then
can I bind the IP's to an interface if it is a bridge? How will the subnets
then now where to go or the gateway for that matter?

ie.)

Subnets(/27 & /26)--(m0n0wall OPT1 & OPT2)--(m0n0wall WAN /30)--(Cisco /30)

From what I am understanding this is how the diagram should go. The subnets
are on a switch coming from a wireless AP link in another city, to a POP. At
the POP I am trying to put in m0n0wall. There I will have two cables that go
to my switch (unmanaged) to m0n0wall. M0n0wall is then setup to WAN form
66.28.212.14 - 66.28.212.13 /30 on a CISCO. This link works fine. I just
can't get the in-between stuff to happen.

> OPT1 66.28.212.97  This is gateway for customers
> OPT2 66.28.212.129 This is gateway for customers

If I bridge these connections to the WAN wouldn't I need to proxy for .97
and .129 then?

Let me know, I can post my configuration as this really has me confused
along with another network engineer that is working with me on this project.

If it matters it is an Adaptec QFE 10/100 card TX that is supported under
Unix and Linux.