[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Paul Rae" <PRae at aminocom dot com>
 To:  <A dot L dot M dot Buxey at lboro dot ac dot uk>, "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  "Manuel Kasper" <mk at neon1 dot net>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Monowall in the News.
 Date:  Tue, 2 Aug 2005 09:32:22 +0100
There's lots of ways you can stream out a multicast data carousel, there is no problem with that and
lots of applications that currently use this.

The problem you have is with routing, you cant route a multicast stream over the internet*

* Well technically you can, but in reality you cant as it will be dropped long before you get to
your upstream providers routers.