[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jeff Scott" <jscott at padcomusa dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  m0n0 blocking outbound packets from email server?!?!
 Date:  Tue, 2 Aug 2005 10:55:05 -0400
Hi all,

New m0n0wall user here!  I've been testing it for several months and
have just put it into production.  Great Software!

Right now I am allowing all traffic outbound from the LAN.  I'm
concerned about traffic that I am seeing blocked in the logs.  I am
seeing packets (seems to be always ack packets) from our internal mail
server being blocked from the LAN.  Here is an example:

"08:08:39.146673 xl0 @0:22 b 10.47.0.20,25 -> 206.80.20.3,31108 PR tcp
len 20 44 -AS IN"

I am using 1:1 NAT for the internal mail server.  I checked the Status
page and confirmed that @0:22 corresponds to the following rule:

"@22 block in log quick proto tcp from any to any"

My question is:  If I have an allow all rule outbound from the LAN
interface, why is this packet being blocked at all?

Thanks everyone,

Jeff