[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jeff Scott" <jscott at padcomusa dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Re: m0n0 blocking outbound packets from email server?!?!
 Date:  Tue, 2 Aug 2005 12:14:48 -0400
Thanks Chris,

I did see this FAQ.  And I would understand if the packet being dropped
is inbound from the Internet.  But, this packet is outbound from our
LAN.  There shouldn't be that kind of latency on our LAN and regardless
of whether the packet is very late or the last packet of the session or
not, the outbound rule "allow all" should be passing it.

Unless what your telling me is because the session was originally
initiated from the WAN, m0n0wall ignores the outbound rules and only
pays attention to the state table and/or NAT table?  Is that true?  If
so, is there any documentation on the processing order of packets in
m0nowall?

Jeff