[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Justin Reid <justinreid at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Accessing NATed service from LAN - is it coming?
 Date:  Tue, 2 Aug 2005 12:17:00 -0400
On Aug 2, 2005, at 12:04 PM, Chris Bagnall wrote:

>> Does this work if I am not using m0n0wall as the DNS server?
>> Also, when I access the webserver with lets say 10.0.1.200,
>> then apache responds with the outside URL. If I set the
>> override up, would my web browser re-lookup the dns every
>> page I go to?
>>

> How you handle that is defined in apache's conf file. I think it's
> called
> "UseCanonicalName"
>
> Regards,
>
> Chris
> --
> C.M. Bagnall, Director, Minotaur I.T. Limited
> Tel: (07010) 710715   Mobile: (07811) 332969   Skype: minotaur-uk
> ICQ: 13350579   AIM: MinotaurUK   MSN: msn at minotaur dot cc   Y!:
> Minotaur_Chris
> This email is made from 100% recycled electrons

Yes, I have that set to my outside URL so people who connect from the
outside get the correct IP info. If it was set to the internal ip,
nothing would work outside the LAN.

The question is:

If I tell m0n0wall to override my URL with the internal ip, would the
web browser re-lookup the DNS info everytime the webserver returns
the outside URL? If it does re-lookup, then m0n0wall would override
each request. If that works, I am set.