[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Craig FALCONER <cfalconer at avonside dot school dot nz>
 To:  'Don Munyak' <don dot munyak at gmail dot com>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] /kernel: arplookup
 Date:  Wed, 03 Aug 2005 08:18:12 +1200
I had similar the other day - mine was something like

/kernel: arp: 192.168.1.1 is on xl1 but found at 00:12:34:56:78 on ep0

ep0 is the WAN and xl1 is an opt interface on my firewall
Turns out that someone on the local cable segment (a /24) is routing crap
out their cable modem by mistake.

Your message is probably the same kind of thing, but there's noone already
using 192.168.2.65 on your lan.    It'd be nice if the interface name was
quoted in the error message, but that's probably a freeBSD thing not a
m0n0wall thing.