[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Justin Reid <justinreid at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Accessing NATed service from LAN - is it coming?
 Date:  Tue, 2 Aug 2005 11:18:34 -0400
Hello All,

It tried out m0n0wall for the first time yesterday and I loved it.
The only problem for me is the inability to access a NATed service
from within the LAN. I have a Webserver and VNC running at home and
All of my Bookmarks and shortcuts in VNC are set to the outside URL.
When i bring my PowerBook from home to work, everything always works,
not matter where I am. Not being able to do this stops me from using
m0n0wall. Not to mention, the webserver returns the full URL when
accessing it, so just using the internal IP while at home won't work.

My question is: I see that this is on the wishlist. Is it something
that relies on another component and wont be fixed until 'they' fix
it? Is it something should hold my breath for? I would really like to
use m0n0wall.

Thanks for your time.
-Justin Reid