[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] DNS-Forwarder
 Date:  Tue, 2 Aug 2005 16:37:27 -0400
On 8/2/05, Oliver Kapffer <oliver at kapffer dot net> wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> having the following Problem here:
>
> My Lan is 192.168.x.x/24 with IPSEC-VPN to LAN 10.x.x.x/8 at work. I
> want to have the DNS from my ISP and the DNS for the LAN at work. Is
> there any way to configure DNS-Forwarder so that a certain domain is at
> DNS-Server at work and all others are DNS-Server from ISP?

There was a recent patch submitted that allows just this.  It should
probably make the next beta version, but for right now the answer is
no.  Right now the best you could do would be to use your work DNS
servers as your m0n0wall DNS servers.  Or, if you don't want to depend
entirely on the VPN tunnel, use the primary as your work DNS,
secondary as ISP.  If you have BIND server(s) on your LAN, you can
configure them to do that as well.

-Chris