[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "James McKeand" <james at mckeand dot biz>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Accessing NATed service from LAN - is it coming?
 Date:  Tue, 2 Aug 2005 10:32:28 -0500
Justin Reid wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> It tried out m0n0wall for the first time yesterday and I loved it.
> The only problem for me is the inability to access a NATed service
> from within the LAN. I have a Webserver and VNC running at home and
> All of my Bookmarks and shortcuts in VNC are set to the outside URL.
> When i bring my PowerBook from home to work, everything always works,
> not matter where I am. Not being able to do this stops me from using
> m0n0wall. Not to mention, the webserver returns the full URL when
> accessing it, so just using the internal IP while at home won't work.
>

> My question is: I see that this is on the wishlist. Is it something
> that relies on another component and wont be fixed until 'they' fix
> it? Is it something should hold my breath for? I would really like to
> use m0n0wall.

I assume you are using the DNS Forwarder on the m0n0wall. Have you tried
the "overrides" on the DNS Forwarder page? This will allow you to map
the "outside URL" to an internal IP. When an internal client queries the
m0n0wall for the "outside URL" the m0n0wall will respond with the
internal IP.

James W. McKeand