[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Accessing NATed service from LAN - is it coming?
 Date:  Tue, 2 Aug 2005 21:47:47 -0400
On 8/2/05, Chris Bagnall <m0n0wall at minotaur dot cc> wrote:
> > I assume you are using the DNS Forwarder on the m0n0wall.
> > Have you tried the "overrides" on the DNS Forwarder page?
> > This will allow you to map the "outside URL" to an internal
> > IP.
>
> Can anyone suggest why this doesn't work for PPTP VPN clients? They get
> their DNS servers from the m0n0 PPTP server quite happily, so I struggle to
> see why this doesn't work.

probably because that's not actually the DNS server the clients are
using.  Windows clients tend to not prefer the DNS servers given by
PPTP connections over ones on the primary local interface.

If this is the case, somebody else that ran into this recently found a
fix that I have somewhere in my email.  I'll dig it up if it'll help.

-Chris