[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jeff Scott" <jscott at padcomusa dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Re: m0n0 blocking outbound packets from email server?!?!
 Date:  Tue, 2 Aug 2005 11:35:47 -0400
Yes, I can connect to external machines on port 25.  Notice however,
that this error is coming FROM port 25 on our internal mail server.
Which tells me it is a response to an inbound connection.  Our server is
way overpowered for the number of users that we have and I don't expect
it to be losing packets.  These blocked packets are only sporadic and I
have not yet noticed any issue with the mail server.  But, it does
concern me that I don't understand why anything from the LAN would be
blocked to the WAN when I have an allow all rule?

|  Jeff Scott   |  IT Administrator   |  Padcom, Inc.  |
|  Office: 484-893-6259   |  Fax: 484-893-6350  |
|  jscott at padcomusa dot com   |  www.totalroam.com  |

TotalRoam(r) - Patented Software for Secure, Continuous Connectivity
EASY - Affordable upgrade adds network roaming for Proud to Serve
customers. Find out how. (sales at padcomusa dot com)
NOW - Sign up to demo TotalRoam(r) with FIPS 140-2 validated encryption
today! (http://www.totalroam.com/totalroam-trial)