[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Hunaid Haroon Al Qureshi" <hunaidharoon at hotmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Simple Routing on OPT1 with Public IPs
 Date:  Thu, 04 Aug 2005 13:36:40 +0500
I have three Interfaces LAN , WAN , OPT1
LAN  = 10.0.0.1/27 (local IP)
WAN = xx.xx.199.1/24 (public IP)
OPT1 = xx.xx.48.161/28 (public IP)
I have enabled advanced outbound NAT and have mapping for LAN subnet
I have created three rules on firewall which:
allows every thing from any to any on LAN
allows every thing from any to any on WAN
allows every thing from any to any on OPT1
NATting is working fine for LAN subnet (they can access the Internet)
I have some servers with public IPs connected to OPT1 (xx.xx.48.160/28)
servers can ping m0n0wall and resolve the urls but cant access the Internet
Are there any further settings to pass traffic on OPT1.
I want to use m0n0wall as gateway for OPT1 not for NATting , I have seen too
many people asking the same question as i do but there isn't complete
(working) answer for it ..... is it a limitation for m0n0wall ???