[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Junior Gillespie" <jgillespie at t dash speed dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  DShaper - variable bandwidth traffic shaper
 Date:  Thu, 4 Aug 2005 08:37:10 -0500
DShaper is currently undergoing some code changes and I expect a beta
quality version to be available hopefully early next week.

In this version, I hope to have included the following:

- XML config file support
- m0n0wall config.xml support
- m0n0wall firewall_shaper.php GUI add-on
- support for set time interval via config.xml and minicron

I will not be adding much more to DShaper, as I believe it should stay
fairly small in size and functionality, however, I will possibly add a
few other features in the future such as:

- Add feature: autonegote
		Feature will give ability to adjust dshaper ruleset
based on 		actual pipe usage.
		This is a discipline function.

- Add feature: snmpstat
		Feature will enable dshaper statistics to be exported
via snmpd.
		Useful for monitoring pipe traffic via a snmp
application such 		as cacti or mrtg.

Anyone interested in helping with this project, let me know; also, if
you would like other features supported, let me know, and I can consider
it.

DShaper will function on non-m0n0wall platforms as well.

If you would like to join the team, send email to dshaper at paxetman dot com

DShaper can be obtained from: http://paxetman.com/dshaper/

Junior Gillespie