[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] port triggering
 Date:  Thu, 4 Aug 2005 16:27:34 -0400
On 8/4/05, Thomas Sprinzing <thomas at sprinzing dot org> wrote:

> Well, i don't like the mule and friends anyway. But whe it comes to
> bittorrent - the world looks a bit different. A lot of open source stuff
> is distrbuted via torrent.

yeah but you don't have to have inbound ports open for BT to work.  It
helps things, but isn't required.

> So, for this kinda stuff i'll have peole buy some commodity thingies in
> the future?

yeah, I don't see something of that nature getting added to m0n0wall.

What the last poster suggested, when something hits a certain port,
open up something based on some rules you've predefined, is more sane.
 I don't see that happening either though because of the way it'd have
to be hacked in to work.  Basically it'd be an ugly mess, for
something that practically nobody wants or needs.

-Chris