[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  alex wetmore <alex at phred dot org>
 To:  Josh Simoneau <jsimoneau at lmtcs dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] WRAP heat concerns vs Soekris
 Date:  Thu, 4 Aug 2005 15:27:38 -0700 (PDT)
On Mon, 1 Aug 2005, Josh Simoneau wrote:
> Keep in mind, though, I sent mine back to wisp-router.com and it was
> easily a couple months before I saw it again. Maybe not their fault, as
> I think they send them to Europe, but a long wait regardless.

I cross shipped a bad board directly with PC Engines.  They sent me a
replacement first, and I sent back the original bad board in the box
that they used.  I did have to pay postage to Europe, but it was
pretty inexpensive.

My issue wasn't heat related and this was an older board made a few
years ago.  I was very happy with the service.

I'm not using a WRAP case.  I have the board bolted directly to the
piece of plywood that my switches and DSL modem are bolted to.  There
is a clear plastic cover over the WRAP to protect.

http://phred.org/~alex/pictures/wiring/reduced/IMGP3493.JPG

This cost me about $5 (for the piece of plexiglass) and a few minutes
with the tablesaw.

alex