[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Devin Mudd <devin dot mudd at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Monowall with Vonage VOIP
 Date:  Thu, 4 Aug 2005 19:41:55 -0400
OK gang, here is another question that everyone has asked but I haven't seen
a single definitive answer to. I have a customer that we put behind a
M0n0Wall and when connecting their VONAGE PAP2 TA we get very spotty
performance. One time a call will work perfectly and then another it will
fail miserably. I need to get this up and running and I need some guidance.
We have the following setup.

+
+
(Linksys Cable Modem)

(Monowall-Wan)

(MonoWall-LAN)

(Linksys-5-port-Switch)
| |
| |
(PC) (Vonage PAP2)
DHCP STATIC

What do I need to do step-by-step from a config standpoint? Do I keep
magic-traffic shaper on? Do I need to create pipes? Do I need some shaping
rules, NAT rules? I know for some this works out of the box but I need
someone who knows this and that would help a lot. I spent 2 hours searching
the archives only to find more questions than answers. I know this software
is free but wow would this be cool if it were free and worked for our
particular application.

Thanks,