[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] VPN wont pass ping
 Date:  Fri, 5 Aug 2005 21:39:03 -0400
On 8/5/05, Holger Bauer <Holger dot Bauer at citec dash ag dot de> wrote:

> try tracerouting from both sides to see where the traffic dies. maybe this puts some light on it.

tracerouting will die at the remote m0n0wall even if the tunnel is
working properly.  If it's up and working completely, you'll see three
hops - local m0n0wall LAN, a dead hop, and the machine on the remote
LAN.

Not sure what to suggest from here though, what stage you at now?  It
just basically works if everything is correct on both sides, the
subnets are unique, and both sides are using the appropriate default
gateway.  I'd triple check your settings again, or post config.xml's
(or email them to me offlist for privacy).  Something might jump out
at me that you're missing from looking at it so long.  :)

-Chris