[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  Aaron <lists at mycommunitynet dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Wireless WAN PPTP connection
 Date:  Fri, 5 Aug 2005 21:51:14 -0400
On 8/8/05, Aaron <lists at mycommunitynet dot net> wrote:

> 1) I believe that this is possible, but can a monowall with a wireless
> card use wireless as the WAN?

yes

> 2) If yes, then can I connect to a PPTP connection as part of that WAN
> connection?

No, not the kind of PPTP you're talking about.

> 3) Can I then NAT computers behind the wireless connection (the
> computers are connected via the ethernet ports)?

You could, but without the PPTP you won't get anywhere.

You should be able to set up a normal wireless on the WAN, and PPTP
from the clients to the other PPTP server (though only one at a
time...).  The only solution to use multiple clients over m0n0wall to
a PPTP server in this scenario is to bridge the wireless WAN to an OPT
interface and plug the clients into the OPT when using the wireless.

-Chris