[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  Aaron <lists at mycommunitynet dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Wireless WAN PPTP connection
 Date:  Fri, 5 Aug 2005 23:31:31 -0400
On 8/8/05, Aaron <lists at mycommunitynet dot net> wrote:

> >> 2) If yes, then can I connect to a PPTP connection as part of that WAN
> >> connection?
> >
> > No, not the kind of PPTP you're talking about.
>
> That's what I was thinking.
>
> Just out of curiosity, is this a limitation of monowall, or could I
> find something in a full linux distribution that would run on a Soekris
> and be able to keep a PPTP connection up.

It wasn't designed to have the WAN connect to a normal PPTP server,
because that's something practically nobody would use and I'm sure
it's not exactly easy to get all the routing and what not working
properly.

I'd imagine a full BSD or Linux install could probably do this, or
maybe even m0n0wall with some hacking behind the scenes, but it'd be a
pretty ugly hack.

-Chris