[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  jjoshua at comcast dot net
 To:  "Chris Bagnall" <m0n0wall at minotaur dot cc>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Monowall with Vonage VOIP
 Date:  Sat, 06 Aug 2005 04:47:07 +0000
No Vonage for me.  I was very unhappy with their service.  However, if you have regular Vonage
service, you can also subscribe to their soft phone service which works with any SIP device.

My * box is dedicated so I don't need to worry about anything but phone calls taking up bandwidth.
Since my upstream bandwidth is limited to 368kb, I want to make sure that voice traffic always gets
the highest priority.

Traffic shaping was the biggest reason for upgrading to m0n0.  Otherwise, I have been happy with my
SMC 7004br for years.

So far, everything is working well.