[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Tim Roberts" <monowall at dsslink dot net>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  CF physdiskwrite issue
 Date:  Sat, 6 Aug 2005 10:16:58 -0400
Howdee folks. I have a new CF 128MB card and IDE>CF adapter. I boot up a Win2003 box, it assigns
drive E to it and its volume is browsable. Then I run "physdiskwrite imagename" and it asks me to
choose the disk. It shows up as a Toshiba blahhblahh like windows reports with what looks to be
appropriate C/H/S for its size. When I write to it, all seems well and it finishes saying its
written the data. Nothing is on the CF disk?????? Should I be able to see the file system in windows
after its written to it? I would at least think windows would barf trying to browse a BSD partition
after its written. It acts just like nothing happened at all in the write process.

Thanks
Tim