[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Phil <xphilz at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] WRAP - cool or hot?
 Date:  Mon, 8 Aug 2005 07:33:52 +1000
Hi John..Doe =))...

My problems started when I added the wireless card. When you put it in
this will cover one of the chips for the nics and not long after this
all my problems began. I believe that the combination of the heat from
the wireless card and that fact that its so close to the chip was the
cause of the problem.

My new m0n0 should be arriving today from Paul @ Yawarra. He has been
fantastic in supporting me here in Aus.

I noticed on the m0n0 board there is a fan connector, so I am thinking
I might have to modify my case to include a fan as I don't want this
happening again. However, I wont be using wireless though until m0n0
supports the atheros chipset again...which will hopefully be
soon...=))

Cheers,
Phil.