[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Holger Bauer" <Holger dot Bauer at citec dash ag dot de>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>, "Steve Meyer" <smeyer at socal dot rr dot com>
 Subject:  AW: [m0n0wall] No link on enet ports
 Date:  Mon, 8 Aug 2005 03:19:57 +0200
Hi Steve,

are you using a switch between your client and the wrap? If you don't use one you'll need a
crossovercable as the port in the wrap is a networkcard too (unless you have a nic with auto
uplink).

How long is the cable between your wrap and your client/switch? I had some problems with very short
cables (0.5m) if connected to a wrap port. You might want to try a longer cable.

If your client is connected directly to the wrap and you are using a crossovercable already try
setting your client's nic to 100 mbit instead of auto. Maybe you have an autonegotiation problem.

Hope that helps,
Holger