[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] No link on enet ports
 Date:  Sun, 7 Aug 2005 22:51:54 -0400
On 8/7/05, Holger Bauer <Holger dot Bauer at citec dash ag dot de> wrote:

> are you using a switch between your client and the wrap? If you don't use one you'll need a
crossovercable as the port in the wrap is a networkcard too (unless you have a nic with auto
uplink).

that'd be my first guess.

> If your client is connected directly to the wrap and you are using a crossovercable already try
setting your client's nic to 100 mbit instead of auto. Maybe you have an autonegotiation problem.

I wouldn't do that.  That won't keep you from getting a link light,
but very well could cause a duplex mismatch which will just give you
more problems.

-Chris