[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  <Kamil dot Wencel at hvbpensionsfonds dot de>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  multiheaded hydra
 Date:  Mon, 8 Aug 2005 12:00:05 +0200
Hi m0n0wallers,

I am still struggling to get the following setup to work :

I have two network providers :

Provider A PPPoE ADSL ( general internet traffic of LAN clients )
Provider B leased line ( dedicated 2M line, which is only for DMZ hosts )

Additionally I would like to have these Networks :

fxp1 LAN : 10.11.12.0/24
fxp2 WAN : PPPoE to Provider A ( acting as default route for any host except DMZ )
fxp3 PRB : Provider B's 63.64.65.128/28 network connected to provider's router.
fxp4 DMZ : All hosts connected to DMZ shall have their respective IP's ( 63.64.65.131, .132, 133 etc
)

						   .
	ADSL Modem Provider A		   .		IP Router Provider B
	( PPPoE dynamic IP )		   .		 ( 63.64.65.129 )
			|			   .				|
			|			   .	 			|
			+-------- m0n0wall with 4 ifaces ---------+
					|	   .		|
					|	   .		|
		LAN Clients ------+	   .		+------ DMZ Hosts (63.64.65.128/28)
		( 10.11.12.0/24 )		   .		     		|
						   .				|
										+----- www-1  (63.64.65.130)

										+----- mail-1 (63.64.65.131)

										+------ [...] etc

How do I set this ip ?
Do I have to set fxp3 into filtered bridge mode with fxp4 ?
What will the default gw on the DMZ hosts be, so that they always
answer their requests through provider B and not m0n0's WAN connection ?
Can I manage this by setting 63.64.65.129 as default router on the DMZ boxes ?

I want the DMZ hosts to be unaware of the WAN PPPoE line but I should still be able
to reach the DMZ hosts from within my LAN and vice versa. Any advice will
be greatly appreciated because I don't want to run two boxes for this setup.

thanks a lot in advance

Kamil