[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Charlie Barker" <CharlieBarker at RedlineSoftware dot co dot uk>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Weird Problem
 Date:  Mon, 8 Aug 2005 12:50:08 +0100
Hi all,

We had a m0n0wall working as a firewall / gateway (running on a soekris Net
4501)  for our servers all working fine for a couple of months until we
tried connecting the WAN port of the m0n0wall via a switch rather than
directly to the Cat5 cable supplied at our colo facility. After we tried
this we could no longer ping any internet addresses. We put everything back
as it was but we still couldn't ping the outside world!

My gut instinct is that something is wrong at the ethernet level, but seeing
as how we didn't change things here I'm stumped as to what we do to try and
analyze the problem. If anyone has any suggestions on what we could try I
would be grateful.

We have resorted to using a Sonicwall (evil coporate license hungary device
$$$) but hope to get monowall back online.

Cheers,

Charlie