[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Weird Problem
 Date:  Mon, 8 Aug 2005 11:13:20 -0400
On 8/8/05, Charlie Barker <CharlieBarker at redlinesoftware dot co dot uk> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We had a m0n0wall working as a firewall / gateway (running on a soekris Net
> 4501)  for our servers all working fine for a couple of months until we
> tried connecting the WAN port of the m0n0wall via a switch rather than
> directly to the Cat5 cable supplied at our colo facility. After we tried
> this we could no longer ping any internet addresses. We put everything back
> as it was but we still couldn't ping the outside world!

Still getting a link light?  Given what you've tried already, I'd ask
the colo what they're seeing on with their switch, as I'm sure they're
using managed switches and could probably tell you at least something.
 (if they're not using managed switches, *run* out of there with your
boxes and find a real colo)

-Chris