[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Disconnect at a specific time
 Date:  Mon, 8 Aug 2005 17:51:19 -0400
On 8/8/05, Dilbert <monowall at jsse dot de> wrote:
> Hi there,
> my good old DSL router had a feature that allowed me to terminate the
> pppoe connection at a specific time. My provider cuts the connection at
> least every 24 hours and this feature allowed me to shift this to a
> particular time in the night.
>
> Is this possible with m0n0wall 1.2b9?

This has been discussed before, I'd recommend searching the archives.
Best I recall, the solutions offered were either 1) buy a cheap light
timer, which you could then set to power cycle m0n0wall at a given
time.  2)  Setup a cron job on a machine on your LAN to call
reboot.php on m0n0wall.

1 is the most secure and easiest solution.

-Chris