[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Eric Hilden" <eric at linkednetworks dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  m0n0wall blocking pings
 Date:  Mon, 8 Aug 2005 22:08:00 -0500
Everything works great from the LAN side getting out to the Internet and
pinging other machines on the network in different subnets but I cannot ping
anything on any interface except the WAN from outside of m0n0wall.

My firewall rules are as follows:
WAN  * * *
LAN  * * *
OPT1 * * *

I have also tried just allowing UDP, ICMP, and TCP but the firewall log
still shows blocking UDP, ICMP, and TCP requests.

Network as follows for test setup.

192.168.1.30 Linksys Router/AP DHCP 192.168.1.100-150
192.168.1.104 DHCP from Linksys WAN on m0n0wall. This is just for testing.
192.168.2.1 LAN IP
192.168.2.10 LAN IP Computer. Gets out fine, pings everything fine.
192.168.1.103 My Laptop

I have additionally also tried OPT1 as a bridge with a LAN computer
connected under the same subnet as the Linksys Router with no luck either.

It is as if the firewall is not accepting anything I input into it.

Anyone with any other luck?