[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Seth Martin" <SethM at turbinegenerator dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Traffic Shaper Latency Issues.
 Date:  Tue, 9 Aug 2005 11:40:38 -0400
We are on an full T1 with a /27 subnet.  I have two pipes and 2 rules
setup (which work but cause latency) one filters all traffic to and from
a terminal server at 192.168.11.14 and one that filters all traffic NOT
to or from the terminal server at ip 192.168.11.14.  It works fine, I
can watch on m0n0mon the bandwidth when a load is put to the TS being
restricted to 250k, and other bandwidth to like say the mail server
being trunked off at 1000k.  We get 1.54 megs with the T1 so I'm well
under the bandwidth I can use as I wish up or down.  We have a data
server that hosts up half a TB that syncs between locations so I like to
leave the 1000k pip open to flow in either direction as files have to be
synced.