[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "James McKeand" <james at mckeand dot biz>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Soekris 4501 - single Ethernet with PCI Wireless config problem
 Date:  Thu, 11 Aug 2005 11:37:32 -0500
Matthew Norris-Jones wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a Single Ethernert port Soekris 4501 board, and a mini PCI
> wireless card, i can configure it with the wifi card on the WAN side
> and the Ethernet port as the LAN, but i want to configure it as an
> access point, using the PCI wireless as the LAN port, and the
> ethernet as the WAN connection, is this possible? any help
> please...obviously the first problem is how to connect to the LAN and
> configure it to start?
>
> If it is not possible is it possible to get a mini PCI LAN card that
> plugs into the board and has a cable for an additional ethernet
> connection.
>
> Hope that all makes sense, thanks for your help.

Use a null-modem cable to connect to the Soekris. You will need some
kind of terminal program (HyperTerm). You should be able to assign the
interfaces (LAN would be wireless card - WAN would be ethernet sis0).
But, then how can you connect to the new LAN (wireless)? What would be
the default settings for a wireless client?

Sorry, I don't have these answers as I don't use wireless on my
m0n0wall.

James W. McKeand