[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Melvin <melvin at sleepydragon dot net>
 To:  francois dot parent at us dot tel dot com
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Hardware set up question for m0n0wall standard PC configuration
 Date:  Thu, 11 Aug 2005 12:39:23 -0400
francois dot parent at us dot tel dot com wrote:

>I got introduced to m0n0wall through an article in a forum. Like me the author was looking for a
way to shape internet traffic in order to give priority to his VOIP. He wrote that m0n0wall was the
solution he was looking for.

>So I have been reading about m0n0wall but so far I have not been successful in finding what kind of
hardware set up I will require. I intend to install m0n0wall on a standard PC. My home setup is:
cable modem -> router -> VOIP device. Where do I insert the m0n0wall computer?

Usually the m0n0wall machine would replace the router.