[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Don Munyak <don dot munyak at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch, francois dot parent at us dot tel dot com
 Subject:  Fwd: [m0n0wall] Hardware set up question for m0n0wall standard PC configuration
 Date:  Thu, 11 Aug 2005 13:12:42 -0400
cable modem--m0n0wall--switch--lan

There have been posters that have gotten VOIP to work behind m0n0wall.
I beleive you will need to open up some UDP ports.

While I did get VOIP to work behind m0n0wall, the quality was not very
good. I opted to put the VOIP hardware in front of m0n0wall. My
particular VOIP vendor is Vonage. They shipped me a Linksys
Router/Firewall with VOIP enabled. My Lan looks like this.

cable-modem--linksys--phone

             m0n0wall--switch--lan

In this configuration I didn't need to open any ports, as that is
taken care of by the Linksys router. Coincidentally, there is no
blocked packets logged in m0n0wall.

- Don