[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Wizard Man <wizard1089 at yahoo dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Asterisk behind DMZ w/ traffic shaper
 Date:  Thu, 11 Aug 2005 16:46:21 -0700 (PDT)
Hello all,

  I need some advice on how I setup my Monowall
traffic shaper with my asterisk server running IAX2 to
Teliax on the DMZ on the Monowall.  Pretty much what
I'm trying to accomplish is that voice traffic gets
what ever it needs in terms of bandwidth in either
direction.  Any suggestions on my configuration below
or other ways to go about it would be great.  Here is
an overview of how i got things setup in the network
and m0n0 wall.

Asterisk Server - I have two NIC's in the asterisk
server one to connected via crossover cable to the DMZ
NIC of the m0n0wall and the other to go to a switch
dedicated for the cisco ip phones.

I have traffic shaper setup as following:

Pipes:

No. Bandwidth   Delay PLR Queue Mask  Description
1   3500 Kbit/s                      Cox Downstream
2   400 Kbit/s                       Cox Upstream

Queues:

No. Pipe            Weight  Mask   Description
1   Cox Downstream    100          VoIP Downstream
2   Cox Upstream      100          Voip Upstream
3   Cox Downstream    50           Inet Downstream
4   Cox Upstream      50           Inet Upstream

Rules:

If Proto Source   Destination     Target
WAN  *      *     VOIP DMZ net    VoIP Downstream

WAN  *   vOIPDMZnet   *           Voip Upstream

WAN TCP     *         *           Inet Downstream

WAN TCP     *         *           Inet Upstream

    So from what I think i'm doing is telling m0n0
wall to give prority to anything that flowes between
the DMZ and the net proirty and everything falls
second.  Thanks for your help and advice.

http://mail.yahoo.com