[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "seehoe yee" <seehoe at time dot net dot my>
 To:  "Seth Martin" <SethM at turbinegenerator dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [BULK] RE: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall hardware specification
 Date:  Fri, 12 Aug 2005 15:04:00 +0800
> What type of net connection on the WAN (how much bandwidth are you
> shaping) What kind of incoming load to the DMZ are you handling
> peak and
> whats your peak usage from the 1000 users?  Do you have any previous
> SNMP usage data?

no snmp usage. The WAN is connected to a private network and Internet
backbone 6MB via L3 switch. We don't know yet what the peak usage
would be but most load will be carrying VoIP, web traffic and p2p

Anyway, we gonna put m0n0wall CD iso in a box with
- Intel Xeon 2.8Ghz
- 512 DDR SDRAM
- 2 X onboard Intel PRO/1000 GigE

Will feedback to the list after deployment.

warmest regards
seehoe