[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Dan Morin" <DMorin at ABBCOInc dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Died after 4 days
 Date:  Fri, 12 Aug 2005 10:02:33 -0400
I am running m0n0wall 1.2b9 with all of my traffic flowing through
bridged interfaces and traffic shaping applied.  It was working well for
about 2.5 days.  I looked at the screen (console) this morning and it
said something about 'uptime: 2 days 11 hours' followed by the word
'panic' and then a whole bunch of random characters.  Then a little
while later, my Internet went down.  Rebooting the box brought it back
up.

I do not think the two events are related (panic error and crashing) but
I'm wondering if anyone has an explanation to either problem.
Unfortunately, I don't have syslog enabled so I don't have logs of what
happened.

If the M0n0wall crashes again, I'm going to have to pull it out because
I can't afford the downtime at my business.  However, I need the Traffic
Shaping!  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Dan